These listings represent company changes we have identified. These are in the searchable website area to help you find that the company was purchased or changed names or is no longer in business. If you have any additional information, please let us know. Please send us any changes you spot and we will keep this list updated and make 4specs more reliable.
Email suggestions and comments to 4specs
- Bio Fireshield and FlameSafe consolidated by RectorSeal into Metacaulk
- Cooper Industries purchased by Eaton in 2012. The Cooper website now reflects the Eaton name.
- Fortifiber - purchased by Henry
- Dow and DuPont merged in 2017, and are now splitting into 3 companies. As far as building industry is concerned, essentially “Dow Building Solutions” is now part of the new DuPont de Nemours.
- nora systems (rubber flooring) acquired by Interface Carpet
- Philips Emergency Lighting name returns to Bodine
- Philips Lighting name changed to Signify
- Valspar Architectural Metal Coatings now part of Sherwin-Williams Coil Coatings
- The Cable Connection - rebranded to Ultra-Tec Cable Railing
- Florida Playground and Steel Co. - playground equipment - business closing
- Nelson-Harkins - signs - 800# disconnected - as on website, post office move found
- ACH Foam Technologies acquired by Atlas Roofing
- Hunter Douglas acquired by Certainteed
- Johnsonite, Tandus Centiva, Desso and Lexmark subbrands will transition to Tarkett
- Petersen Aluminum Corp. acquired by Carlisle Construction Materials
- Wilson Industrial Doors - company inactive