These listings represent company changes we have identified. These are in the searchable website area to help you find that the company was purchased or changed names or is no longer in business. If you have any additional information, please let us know. Please send us any changes you spot and we will keep this list updated and make 4specs more reliable.
- Aurora Doors is now AD Systems
- Metallic Arts (signs) - purchased by Gemini
- Kwal Paint stores (Intermountain Area) now Sherwin Williams
- Parker Paint stores (Pacific Northwest) now Sherwin Williams
- American Chute Systems - out of business June 2014
- CEP Panels - name change to Omnis Panels
- C.R. Laurence Co. - acquired by Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope. Understand CRL will remain a separate company.
- Dlubak Corp., North American Specialty Glass and Global Security Glazing combined into Consolidated Glass Holdings
- Hanson has changed its name to Forterra - includes Hanson Brick, Pipe and Precast, and Roof Tile
- Goldbrecht USA - name change to Vitrocsa USA
- Loos & Co. - wire hangers and seismic bracing - now available exclusively from Vibration and Seismic Technology
- Bayer MaterialScience, the chemical division, has become Covestro. Includes polyurethane foams and plastic sheets.
- Greenstreak's products merged into Sika USA website
- Hamilton Laboratory Solutions - acquired Hamilton Scientific
- Stonewear - GFRC and planters - purchased by Tournesol Siteworks
- Besam Automatic Doors is now
ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems
- DanSign- withdrawn from US market
- Devoe Paint - Our independent dealers are converting to PPG Pittsburgh Paints
- Holcim (US) and Lafarge North America merged into LafargeHolcim
- Ruud Lighting acquired by Cree LIghting
- Sandell Manufacturing Company - products merged into Hohmann & Barnard's website
- Colbond, Inc. - Non-woven fabrics and geosynthetic textiles - merged with sister company, Bonar Technical Fabrics to become Bonar Inc.
- Guardian Building Products - insulation - appears to have merged into Knauf
- VingCard Elsafe - Now ASSA ABLOY Hospitality
- APEX Siding Systems has discontinued manufacturing its APEX fiberglass siding
- Color Wheel Paint Stores (Florida) are now Sherwin Williams Paint Stores
- ERSystems, Schnee-Morehead, and TACC business units are combined to form ITW Polymers Sealants North America, Inc.
- KaneSterling and Kane Manufacturing Corporation rebranded as “Kane Innovations” to include their four sub-brands: Sterling Dula, Kane Security, Kane Detention and Kane Fabrications.
- Legacy Polymer Products - toilet partitions - website down, phone not answered
- Chief Correctional Products - stopping production
- Republic Storage Systems - lockers - company closing. Assets purchased and I put the website back in 4specs.
- Security Manufacturing - parent company went through bankruptcy and no longer making postal boxes
- Sol - LED exterior lighting - purchased by Carmanah
- Zero International - now part of Allegion
- Centria - purchased by NCI - I expect the company name and url to remain as is based on other NCI-owned companies.
- Hamilton Scientific - apparently out of business - website down, phone system with voice mail loops. Includes prior purchases of ALC, Collegedale, Hamilton and Epoxyn. Acquired and is now Hamilton Laboratory Solutions
- Osmose Wood Preservation Group is now Koppers Performance Chemicals
- AGC sold fire rated glass and commercial fabrication division to Trulite to focus on glassmaking and innovating new coating technologies.
- MAB Paints can be found at select Sherwin-Williams stores - had been purchased several years ago.
- United Lab Products - lab casework - closing business