These listings represent company changes we have identified. These are in the searchable website area to help you find that the company was purchased or changed names or is no longer in business. If you have any additional information, please let us know. Please send us any changes you spot and we will keep this list updated and make 4specs more reliable.
Email suggestions and comments to 4specs
- AGC Glass Company North America - purchased by Cardinal Glass
- Benson Global (Curtainwalls), Aegis Metal Framing (roof trusses) and MiTek USA (connectors) realigned into MiTek
- Megamet Industries - doors - business closing in December
- Morse Industries name change to Morse Architectural
- American Hydrotech - purchased by Sika, current website remains
- Centria apparently sold to Nucor.
- Consolidated Glass Holdings filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in mid-July - J.E. Berkowitz, Dlubak Corp., North American Specialty Glass and Global Security Glazing had been combined into CGH
- E.T. Techtonics - bridges - joined the Creative Composites Group
- General Polymers - name change to Sherwin-Williams High Performance Flooring
- Henry Company purchased by Carlisle Companies, current website remains
- Kinestral Technologies rebranded as Hailo
- Herman Miller acquired Knoll,will continue as distinct brands as part of MillerKnoll
- Plygem and Atrium Windows now part of Cornerstone Building Brands
- ThyssenKrupp Elevator - name change to TK Elevator
- Willseal expansion joints - product info moved to Tremco after purchase.
- Columbia Commercial Building Products and J.E. Berkowitz closed by Consolidated Glass Holding
- FabriTec Structures rebranded to PFEIFER Structures
- TW Flooring Group - name change back to Tesoro Woods
- U.S. Bullet Proofing acquired by Quikserv. Intent is to maintain 2 separate brands and websites.
- Architectural Facades Unlimited (California) - owners retired
- Froet Industries - roof drains, now under Zurn
- Hadrian acquired by Zurn
- Icynene merged into Huntsman Building Solutions - also includes LaPolla Industries and Demilec products
- OMG sold its edge business to MTL Holdings - Metal-Era now makes Perma-Tite Coping (under Metal Era brand) and Hickman Edge Systems PermaSnap Coping [updated 1/2022 and noted in 2022 changes.]
- Rotary Lift now under Vehicle Service Group
- AFM withdrawing from polystyrene insulation and geofoam under the brand names of Foam-Control
- Bedford Technology (recycled plastic lumber products) acquired by Tangent Technologies
- Carolina Ceramics - purchased by US Brick
- Fib-R-Dor redirects to Chem-Pruf Door Co.
- Firestone Building Products (FSBP) - LafargeHolcim has completed purchase of Firestone Building Products
- Rodenhouse Fastener rebranded as Trufast Walls