March 2021 Newsletter
Improve Your Specification Position
This month's newsletter was first published on ConstructConnect and was written by Doug Bevill. Here are several key points:
- To building product manufacturers, I cannot stress enough the importance of specification. During the coronavirus pandemic, which is currently keeping us from face-to-face meetings, web-based availability of a BPM's content to specifiers has never been more of a necessity.
- For a few years, I had heard from the specification community that manufacturer’s websites did not work well for them and now in my position with MasterSpec I fully understand what they were, and still are, talking about.
- We find ourselves hopping from place to place, screen to screen to find specifications, test certifications, catalog cut sheets, etc. We are much more patient than product decision makers, we look until we find it, or must request it. Many decision makers, in frustration and with time constraints, merely leave the BPM's website in search of more easily accessible product content from another BPM.
- Each of your products should have their own page on your website and, at a minimum, include these five critical must-have items:
- 3-part product specifications
- Catalog cut sheets
- Product testing certifications
- Technical assistance, a live contact person who is either internal or a qualified representative
- CAD, Revit, ArchiCad or other similar files, if applicable
Here is the link to the full article: Improve Specification Position on the Web & 3rd Party Sites
Questions, comments and suggestions are always appreciated.
Publisher - 4specs