November 2016 Newsletter
Getting to Know the Specifier
Last month's newsletter focused on an "Idealized "Getting Specified" Process." This month we will cover ways your rep (and other sales and marketing people) can develop the relationships they need to effectively market, sell and service your products in their territory.
- Join CSI and the local CSI chapters in their territory.
- Become active in the local chapter(s) - the Meet and Greet committee is a great way to get to know all the local members. This typically involves passing out name badges at meetings and perhaps collecting money for dinner. You will quickly meet all the chapter members.
- Get on a second committee and offer to be on the chapter board in the next fiscal year.
- Start to study for the CDT exam. This will teach you about construction documents. The Spec Guy has a CSI CDT Study Program with an email a day to learn about construction documents.
- Exhibit at the local chapter product show if they have one.
- Talk with other reps to learn about selling to architects and specifiers in your territory - especially reps with the CCPR designation - Certified Construction Product Rep
- Attend region and bi-region meetings to meet others in states around you
- When your sales manager or other corporate person is planning a visit, ask him to visit on chapter meeting nights to introduce him around and get his support in your territory
- Have fun and support the specification community
Feedback, comments and suggestions always appreciated.
Publisher - 4specs